Saturday, September 29, 2012

Getaway

 

Saturday after market we will be heading to Vermont for our annual fall foliage leaf peeping. And, we even get off work on Monday too! Yippy.

While I am the library presently, covered in mud and aphids, and I'm supposed to be job hunting and all that (ahhh, scary!!!) I wanted to let you know what's going on with us. Where we'll be this weekend. You know enjoying apple orchards, amazing views and possibly sleeping in late for a change. 

We have spent all of our anniversaries in the Northeast. And this will be our sixth fall foliage trip to celebrate our marriage. Vermont in the fall is something to behold. We absolutely love it, and obviously find it to be a worthwhile, affordable, quick weekend getaway. 


The fall produce looks amazing- turnips, radishes, mizuna, arugula, leeks and beets and winter squash galore. I've already prepared two of the best pumpkins called Baby Long Island Cheese. So, so sweet! Smoothies, oatmeal, bread and bars--- have already been made and consumed in our home. I've been asked to make pies and will get to that soon. 

Spending time with my love. That's where I am. Back in October.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment