Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Whew....

I can't believe it's been nearly a month since my last post. I will give myself some grace however, because the last three weeks have been cram packed and I've sort of just come up for air. The last week in June I was in San Antonio for work. Somehow I did manage to make it out to the pool a couple of times after a very long 10-12 hour day.

I returned late Sunday night and Chris left early Monday, July 1st for youth camp. Being a holiday week, we were diligently working toward a three day week, like most other American's but I ended up going in on Friday anyway. Chris was out of town, my sisters were both working, my two best friends were working, and lets be honest- I need the money.

The following week brought more obstacles and setbacks at work - and quite frankly, I don't tend to get on the computer at home. So, I guess you could say I've been busy working at work and haven't had time to blog!

 
With a gentle nudge from my sister we painted and did some rearranging and decorating to the baby room. Having just moved in (and being pregnant when we moved in, unbeknownst to me...) we hadn't really done anything with any room. When we found out we were expecting, we sort of decided on which room would be the babies and started piling things in there that we were given, gifted, bought or things we otherwise thought might work in the space. 
 
 
So, we spent July 3rd and 4th painting and creating and deciding what looks best where and what works best where. It's funny having just moved back from NYC you'd think it would take us awhile to fill up all this space with stuff. Not the case. (We are actually considering-  and probably will have- a garage sale before the baby comes...!)  
 
 
This is the finished product. My sister saw and created these shallow book shelves.. Ideally, they can be mounted lower on the wall so that infants and toddlers can have assess to their books. And, their really cute too.
 
 
This is sort of the finished product, for now. We still have to place our changing table and glider, but we have space. Lots of people ask about the twin bed... Well, we had it and within a few years she'll need it, so I just went ahead and put it in the room. The bedding was actually mine too, so it brought in some color and texture and I didn't buy anything. Actually, I figured I might be doing some sleeping in there... during those long, rough nights.
 
I've wondered about things like cribs and bassinets and co-sleeping and how it'll all work out. I'm not putting too much pressure on myself or holding too many expectations with a tight grasp. Some people have VERY strong opinions on why YOU SHOULD NOT, ever, under any circumstances have your baby in bed with you. Others in my life, completely sway the opposite direction. To be honest, I don't know where we will fall.  
 

Our little girl is expected in less than ten short weeks, and even without having a shower yet, there are so many gadgets and gizmos and swings and seats and play mats and blah, blah, blah that we have received. I'm very grateful for the generosity of others, and I'm sure I'll use some of these things, BUT I know I could raise this child without a crib or a breast pump or a baby bath or a $350 stroller (although I want one really bad!)
 
I think all the stuff, is sort of already overwhelming my simple lifestyle. Especially when I realize these things will only be used until she can sit, or crawl, or reach 25 pounds. Babies can come with a lot of stuff, and people like to buy baby stuff. If you are reading this and you've sent me baby towels or baby bibs or sweet little blankets or a handmade an outfit- please don't thing I'm completely ungrateful. My baby will need some things- I do realize this. I can easily let it spiral out of control in my mind, when I think of bringing an entirely new person to come and live in our home.
 
Tomorrow is our 30 week appointment. And I'll try to get another belly picture up this week. In the last two weeks I've started really feeling pregnant. Chris says I "popped" while I was in San Antonio. Bending at the waist is ridiculous. Things like loading the bottom drawer of the dishwasher or unloading the drier are quite difficult. I feel like my stomach is constantly full, because I'm pretty sure it's smashed between my uterus and lungs, which makes me want to only eat small meals and gulping all this required water sounds less than appealing much of the time. BUT, I do it. It's all happening so, so fast!!!! Just gotta make it through August.

No comments:

Post a Comment