Thursday, November 21, 2013

Growing Girl

(two week old, newborn picture)

Today my girl is two months old. And tomorrow is our two month old check-up at the doctor. I've worked myself into an anxious tizzy over it all.... Vaccines!

I will not use this as a platform to discuss the topic only to say, I don't even know what to believe any more. I've read, seen for myself, discussed, prayed, and called my pharmacist sister every other day for the past week... the only thing we (as mamas) can do, is act on our convictions. Again, DO what we believe is the very best thing for our child.

Currently I feel like my desire isn't a real option. Where I live doctors will not see you if you do not vaccinate. Even if you'd like to wait to vaccinate, you are told, "ok, don't come back until you are ready to get caught up on vaccinations...." Much like the way processed/ fast foods are by far the norm in our society, I think what may have once been a good thing has been taken way too far.

This is why Chris just texted me and said, " I love you very much. I love our daughter very much. Hand God the shots." I have a good man!! Ultimately, my child is in God's hands. I know this is not the last time I will have to remind myself of this.
...

A week from today is Thanksgiving. We will be celebrating Thursday with my family, Friday with Chris' family. I am grateful that it has been gorgeous this fall season in East Texas. My short drives around the area have been gorgeous. It's no Vermont or Central Park- but it'll do. For now!

My mom enjoys cooking and will be making everything for our families feast. That's just how she likes it.... For Chris' family gathering I'm making a veggie (opting for roasted brussels sprouts since that is very easy) and a pecan pie. Well, let me be honest, I've asked my mom to make an extra pecan pie... that I'm taking to Chris' family Thanksgiving!!

Camille and I are so happy that Chris is off work all week next week! We have no plans, but I'm excited to get to see my husband before nightfall and perhaps have some help at the grocery store.

Yesterday we tried out our stroller for the first time, just around the house (which is basically the church parking lot). She screamed at first (surprising I know...) and then dozed right off. We bought a used BOB stroller, because I wanted one so badly. I fine just not having a stroller, because paying $350-$450 for a stroller seemed rediculous. Then, we found a used one for $150 which was perfect. Then it had a flat tire. THEN... since she's still an infant, there is a piece that has to be installed so that her car seat can sit securely in place until she's 17 pounds. But now, now we have it all worked out. We are ready to hit the mall or go off-roading.

Happy Thanksgiving- if you don't hear from me before then. But hopefully, you will. And if you think about us say a pray for this mama and baby Camille. Tomorrow is shot day (hopefully done MY way!).

No comments:

Post a Comment