Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Family Fun

Camille, six weeks old


Last weekend, seven weeks after her birth, Camille got to meet her Aunt Laura Beth. My sister was in town from Amarillo where she's attending Texas Tech pharmacy school. It was a short visit, but for the two days ALL nine of us were able to be together.

Laura Beth and Camille 

Camille and Aunt Chrissy 

Grandma time! Grandma Renee LOVES her time with Camille 


Over the two days we also took a family photo. All of us, mom, dad, me and my three siblings, the two husbands and baby Camille. Family dogs were also photographed... our little Bella didn't get to tag along with us though. Since baby girl's birth she's sort of become VERY second class. She's no longer inside, but spends her days outside where she continues to dig and dig and dig.  She is inside at night though, in the laundry room. It's just too much to corral a puppy and watch a newborn all day.

Camille screamed most of the family photo shoot. We all met at mom and dad's home, even the photographer.  It was a lovely fall day, but,  baby was tired and worn out from the previous day's activities. Being the center of attention is alot of work!

At seven weeks I feel like I sort of know what I'm doing a little better. Sort of. Maybe I just feel more confident in the fact that, I don't know what I'm doing and I'm willing to admit it now. But this whole mom thing is feeling more normal now. Reality is still sinking in. 

I'm still home all day every day with my little girl: nursing, dirty diapers and napping are pretty much what I take care of on a daily basis. Sometimes laundry, sometimes sweeping, sometimes vacuuming- but never all on the same day. If we are feeling really brave we go to the grocery store... 

The days are cooler and I know that we will be spending more and more time indoors as December and January approach. This may prove harder than it sounds right now, but we will manage. Spring will be here before I know it, and I'll have a six-month-old! 

No comments:

Post a Comment