Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Busy Bee

My days are so FULL right now. As I anticipate the warmer weather and coming Spring. Today, I have the front door wide open, and the blinds open and drapes drawn. During Camille's first nap of the afternoon I made dinner (stuffed pablano peppers) and banana muffins that Chris takes for his breakfast during the work week. I also did two loads of laundry...

I seem to try to do about ten different things (multi-tasking to the maximum) during her nap time. Especially since this week we have something every single day!

Work on Monday went pretty well. Camille went down for two naps VERY easily. I set up the pack-n-play and plug in her sound machine, found a dark, quiet large closet and she was quite happy!  Going into work, however, is going to maximize our weeks. But, that is okay. This is not a long term arrangement, if it were, I don't know how I'd do it. Laundry and groceries and Bible study and house cleaning. I don't want to completely neglect Camille, sitting her in the swing (which I also lugged up to the office) and putting on Baby Einstein for hours on end.

Last week, while Chris was on Spring Break, in addition to going to the eye doctor and out for breakfast at the Stockhammer's restaurant (which I still had never done...) I learned the very BASIC ins-and-outs of the sewing machine. My very own sewing machine. Which, was not easy with Camille-- but mom and I managed. I stitched some basic pillow cases and quickly realized, once I got home, that I don't even own a decent pair of scissors. Or a pin cushion. Or thread.... But I do have some material, and ribbon that was given to me and made a very BASIC dress for Camille! It took me an entire afternoon, but I did it.

Camille and I are also registered for baby swim lessons for June/ July which I'm super excited about. The classes are 30 minutes long for six-weeks on Saturdays in Tyler. Yay!!

Those are The Facts... Here's what's on my heart:

The Church. Christians. The Church as a whole.

I want so much to initiate change. Revival. To have local/ global significance. I'm tired of putting Christ in a box. I'm tired of those around me, not loving the church like Christ loves the church. We can't say we love Christ and not love His Church. I think I just miss being plugged in. I miss being a part. I miss working along side my brothers and sisters in Christ and seeing God move. I'm tired of routine, of three hymns, a prayers, two more songs, passing a plate, a 30 minute sermon, and walking out the back door at 12:01pm.

Anyway...
I just want people to want growth.

And all that stuff...

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found you through documenting delights post. I have thought similar thoughts. The ones you've been having about the church life. My husband and I have always been involved in a church, but lately I've felt so disconnected from that world. Not because I don't believe, but because the routine doesn't make sense to me. Anyways, I get you! And it sounds like your heart is in a perfect place, ready to see the chance you want to see. :)

    ReplyDelete