Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October, Here I Come

Another month and a half, and no word from Stefani... Sorry about that.

I'll blame it on the moving. And the one-year-old I take care of 24/7. And the fact that I just pulled out my laptop today and was able to connect to the internet after looking for my wall charger for only about ten minutes.

As much as I hate moving we sure seem to do it alot. We found a duplex in Tyler that we have been living in almost three weeks.  We enjoy the location: near Chris' current school, two parks within walking distance and pretty much centrally located in Tyler.

Camille and I go walking (you know, she in her stroller) almost every morning. We are near the Azalea district with its brick streets, huge homes and incredible landscaping- it makes for good walking. Our place is much smaller- feels like luxurious NYC to me. Cramped, but not too too cramped.  Like a $2,000 rental in Queens or Brooklyn.  Even though we are not even paying half of that here, it still seems like a lot of money when we haven't paid rent in quite some time.

I have been diligently trying to drop some weight (30 days til NYC) and have lost 15 pounds. But this week I've gotten prideful - or maybe finally went to the grocery store- and can't seem to stay on the weight loss train. The huge blueberry muffins I made yesterday for Chris' breakfasts have derailed me. That and the Halloween candy I found at Target...

Although we've taken this step, it feels very much like we are still in limbo, still transitioning and waiting for direction. Always. Maybe this is just life, or our faith, or maybe The Chambers are just too nomadic and restless to every feel settled. But we know there is more. And Chris still finds himself desperately longing for a job that he takes pleasure in.

Right now Camille is growing up right before my very eyes. She is a little sneaky girl and loves to get a laugh- what a ham! She got two baby dolls for her birthday that she cuddles and hugs often.  She can stack and unstack her stacking rings. She puts everything in- then takes everything out. She still likes dogs "pup-pup" and being outside but still loathes her car-seat and when the lady at the dry-cleaners opens the backdoor to put in the laundry. Maybe she thinks someone is coming in the car to get her... I don't know, but she looses her head when we go through the drive-thru cleaners.

Her new ($300- gulp) cars seat is supposed to arrive today. Not that she will like it any more than her current seat, as I am keeping her rear facing. For at least another year. Poor kid... This seat should stay with her five more years though, so it's an investment, and we drive a lot here in Texas, I want her safe... But, the temptation to turn her around is AWFULLY tempting. She has now added wriggling back at forth and trying to wedge her arms under the straps to her fussing in the back seat routine.  It kills me. I'm forever, "It's okay Camille." "We are almost home, Camille." "Camille, look out the window." "Camille, lets sing a song..." Exhausting.

We are now one. Twenty-one pounds. Thirty inches tall. (71% for both) and 18 1/2" noggin (80%)

Love that girl. Love teaching her about the world around her and seeing her take it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment