Monday, August 18, 2014

Short and Sassy

Camille 10 1/2 months 

Well, I chopped my hair. AND I love it. Chris says I'm peppier and more vibrant, as if my hair was weighing me down. I'm not kidding, that is what he says. With an almost 11 month old underfoot, my stylist (who is also a new mom to two month old Paxton at 36-years-old- yay older moms!!) did a wonderful job. Camille is not still at all these days, though still not walking, so it was quite an interesting haircut experience. She played with magazines and bits of hair on her blanket on the floor. And sat in my lap some too. Always entertaining...

Leading worship Sunday left me with that worship-leading-high. I don't think I'm the only one who experiences this, but after singing on Sunday mornings, leading others to the throne, I'm usually lightheaded and hot and feel like I do after a good yoga class. Camille did totally fine in the nursery and sitting with my bestie Lora. 

This week Chris is back at school everyday, leaving at 7:00 each morning. AND speaking of mornings, I was up and drinking coffee alone this morning, because Camille slept through the night, all night in her crib- 7:30pm- 7:00am! And two hours later she was down for a two-hour nap. She is a growing girl. 

This morning I have pushed a toddler up and down the hallways in our laundry basket. I've talked with stuffed animals, peeled and cut grapes and changed two poop diapers. And, I feel great about my job. I like being with this girl all day every day. 

I've also finally given in and scrubbed both of our bathrooms. AGAIN. I was seriously trying to put off cleaning the tub because we have to move. ANY day now... RIGHT? But, we still haven't found the right place, so I just had to. Soap scum, ring around the toilet, tiny handprints all over the mirrors that will be there again tomorrow. 

We seriously need nothing short of a miracle to find the right place. Renting seems like such a waste of money. Everything (that's appropriate for a growing family) is as much as a house payment: $850-$1,300.  But, we feel sort of rushed and aren't sure where we would like to settle: in town, out of town, this suburb, that suburb (if you call the small communities around Tyler suburbs...) And compared to what we've paid the last THREE years ($0) everything seems out of our price range. Isn't there someone's grandmother who needs someone to stay in her second home and feed the donkeys and goats for $250 a month or something??!
...
This week I think about many of my friends: the one who will sell her business, and the one who will buy a business- quitting her job Friday and starting a new endeavor. A friend on a much needed vacation on the Pacific and a friend who will bury a aunt who was like a mother. I think about a friend who will travel to San Antonio this week with in-laws and cousin's visiting from Austria. 

Last week at Bible Study we made a list of what we wanted a friend to be. I wrote:

To me a friend is:
trustworthy
we have something in common (faith, hobbies, family, interests)
loves me when I'm hurting
loyal
open and honest about their hurts/ pains
shows me the 'real' them
hugs me
texts me out of the blue
really prays for me when they say they will
does what they say they'll do (for me/ with me)
someone I like to be around and talk to 
I'm comfortable being myself around them 

Working toward being this kind of friend. Thankful for the friends I have, near and far.


No comments:

Post a Comment