Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Rise and SHINE

Good Tuesday morning!

What a difference some good sleep can make. Seriously. When I found out I was pregnant THIS was my biggest fear: sleep deprivation. Turns out, you just keep going as a mom- sleep or not. But C slept SO well last night AND is actually napping away right now. A longer nap than she's taken in about a week. Could we be on the up-and-up?!! I hope so. A feverish child for one week is long enough.

We have been terribly lucky with a cool/ rainy summer thus far. I don't even think temperatures have crept into the 100's yet... but this week that will all change. As a family (since Chris is out for summer break too) we've continued to swim at my sisters house. Camille really loves the water. At home she reaches for the water hose each evening when we water the flowers and her new favorite thing is trying to "drink" from the water hose, dipping her face in ever so slowly.

She's changing daily and it's fun to see her learn new things. She's not walking yet, but loves to push her little cart everywhere. She can say mama, papa, puppy and ni-ni (for nursing) but understands so much more. She knows ball, baby and book.  This week when she crawled into the living room from her bedroom with her baby-doll I felt like she was such a big girl. And she loves giving kisses to her stuffed animals too. She likes to "sneak" up on Chris and me and bubbles over in laughter as she "surprises" us.

She's still a good eater and has eaten fruits, veggies, dairy and meat now- but no grain. Her appetite has wained with her sickness, but her current favorites are cheese and grapes (cut into 8ths!) It's so hard no to want to puree all her food. She working on her 6th tooth currently, and the doctor said "It's Fine!!" But I sort of want to peel the grapes to. I am told with the next child, I won't feel this way.

We've enjoyed lots of fresh produce this summer too: squash, melons, tomatoes, peas and okra. Though none of it was from our own garden- but that's ok. I've done much better at  growing flowers.

While Chris has applied and interviewed for more jobs than I care to count- and nothing has worked out- I'm excited about the future and our pending move. Wherever that may be.  Which right now we know somewhere around the Tyler area, since Chris is still teaching at the school he was at last year. And we have a PT/ very tentative worship leading gig lined up for the fall. (just for a few months...)

I am tired of waiting for my life to start. Planning our future. I know you are NOT supposed to live like that. That we are WARNED against living in this way. My life is happening all around me and I need to Be Here Now.

So grateful. Thankful. Thanksgiving prepares the way for blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment