Friday, August 8, 2014

So much life, so little time...

Yesterday we purchased tickets to visit our friends and family in NYC. The three of us. This fall. And it is seriously the only thing I can think about. Well, that and our pending move. And Camille's first birthday that is quickly approaching. My mommy brain is seriously on overload!

I am very excited to see my dear, dear friends again. SUPER excited to introduce Camille to them all and meet all the babies that have been born in the (almost) three years since we left the city. I'm sure it'll be MUCH colder than I anticipate for November, but we'll make due. Besides, I'll have a baby strapped to me, so that will provide some heat for sure. What I'm dreading the most is flying with Camille. Granted it's only 3 hours and it is non-stop, but I think I've waited until she's ALMOST too old to fly in my lap. Crazier things have happened. People do this every single day. I guess it's my turn to be "that" mom. And, Chris will only be flying the first leg of the trip with me, leaving NYC before we do. Scary scary.

For now, it looks as if Chris will be back in the classroom again, in the fall. You know, since school starts NEXT WEEK for teachers. He's very frustrated and disappointed with the way everything has come about, and NOTHING seemed to work out, as far as Assistant Principal position for him. Eleven interviews... 130 applications... ALL over Texas. We are simply trusting that God has a plan. But even still, we knew staying on staff at this church was not his will for us. Which also meant letting our free housing go.

So, we are looking at buying. Or renting. Or whatever. BUT, we gotta do it soon. Well, sooner would probably be preferred rather than later since we are sort of just squatting in the parsonage at this point.

I am so used to moving, and we've done it so often, I refuse to start packing boxes yet, because once that mayhem starts I feel like my house is a wreck and I just can't take it! I've always packed and boxed and cleaned efficiently in the past (of course this was pre-baby), but I'm pretty sure I can manage.

So, who knows where we will BE on Sept. 21st for Camille's birthday celebration, but it will be low key with family and a few friends. We will do what most Americans do and let her experience sugar and white flour and open presents when she'd rather play with the wrapping paper.

So grateful today for my little girl. She's taught me so much in ten months. And I've learned a lot about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment