Friday, August 15, 2014

Falling into a Routine


Summer is drawing to a close, friends. The taste of fall is in the air, as leaves flutter by my window and are starting to pile up in the corners of the backyard.

My little one LOVES the water: swimming, baths, the water hose. Since it is supposed to be in the 100's tomorrow and Sunday splashing in my sister's pool is in store I'm sure.

I'm trying desperately to be intentional with my time these days. Thus the blogging and the reading and the stretching alone in the dark. Chris came into our bedroom one night this week and found me in the floor. "What are you doing? Just enjoying the silent, darkness in pigeon pose?" Yes. Yes I am. It also means toys don't get put away every night and highchairs stay covered in carrots and beets and egg yolks. And there might be a ring around my bathtub.

I am excited about our pending move into the big city of Tyler for a few reasons: I will be able to walk out my front door and go for a walk. (I'm pretty sure I've said this before!!) Either in town or somewhere more rural, I don't care. I just want to be able to go for a walk without driving 15 miles to a park. We live on a very busy Farm-to-market road in Ben Wheeler. A stones throw from the "center" of town. Last night I went to sleep at 10:00 to someone singing (terribly) "purple rain, purple rain...." God help!!! There are two music venues that host various "artists" four nights a week. Although I've heard of some of the people, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Wesley Pruitt and other Texas country singers... most are not so great. Unless your drunk- then evidently they are phenomenal.

I'm also looking forward to just newness and being in town. A new church and new routine (maybe somewhat, for a stay at home mom).

Chris is back to the grind- teacher inservice today and all next week. It's hard when this is not how we saw this time in our lives playing out; we pretty much both thought for sure he'd been in an Asst. Principalship by now. It's been almost two years of searching. But, this is how it is. We don't know why. It's hard for me to NOT be able to do anything when I know he greatly dislikes his 9-5 / M-F and yearns for something more- something he's capable of and just hasn't been given the opportunity. More and more and more we learn it's not what you know but who you know and Chris does NOT play that game well. At all. And Tyler is VERY political. As I guess most larger school district are.

Sunday we lead worship, at a church in Tyler, which I'm very energized about. I just don't know if a three month commitment is smart right now, with our pending move and school starting soon, but at least it's just three months for now. So often we say, "We should have said NO" which is something we are both working on.


Today started with a cup of coffee and a cracked nipple. I think Camille is somehow biting me while nursing, though not intentionally. She has four top teeth now, and two on the bottom! I'm not really sure what is going on, only that I am in pain and don't really know how to remedy it. I want to keep nursing, at the same time I have to sores that are not going to heal staying wet and bothered.

Later, we will head into Tyler. I'm getting a haircut and I'm 90% sure that I'm going to chop it. I've been wanting to for awhile and I like my hair short. I like my hairdresser too, and I trust her. Camille will have the ultimate test of just sitting still through all of it until Chris arrives around 4:00 to watch her. Afterward, who knows... Barnes and Noble? FroYo? Baby consignment clothes shopping? Marshall's? The possibilities are endless when you are IN THE CITY.


No comments:

Post a Comment