Friday, December 31, 2010

The End


"For you have made me rejoice, Lord, by what you have done; I will shout for joy because of the works of your hands." Psalm 92:4

and click on "2010 in Review- Chambers Style"

This was the fist calendar year that I had a full-time job the entire year. I was an employee for 2010. I earned a paycheck and got vacation and even a holiday bonus!

Speaking of, in July a great friend started working alongside me. Literally, we work side by side eight hours a day. It's such a blessing. Love her. Love my job. Love it!

I got a massive tattoo & another not so massive tattoo...

My sister was hospitalized, again, which broke my heart and left me and my family crushed. But God is faithful and she (and we...) are working through it. Day by day.

I got my second piece published in Chicken Soup for the Soul.

I turned the big Three Oh!!! It was uneventful, well I cried. And felt old. I've felt really old this year. I guess that whole immortality thing has sort of set in, along with the ticking of the biological clock. Noticeable wrinkles. Gray hairs. Extra skin. And the girls that my husband does double takes at look like they are nineteen. They are no longer in the same "age bracket" as me. I'm not 19-24 or 25-29. I'm 30-40 which is such a big bracket!

Speaking of, I'm off birth control for the first time in eleven years. Yikes!

Tried yoga for the first time ever & signed up for six months. (Now it is too cold to schlep through ice, snow, wind and rain, so it's back on the treadmill.)

Helped encourage, support, feed and love a friend who's baby was born four months early. I actually got to see him before his mother did.

Skied for the second time in my life- Lake Tahoe. I felt like it was a success.

Visited Texas three times to see my family and my closest friends- The Stockhammers. AND...

Lora made it to NYC to visit me! (Yes, this makes the highlights of the year list!!)

Posed as a hair model in a women's magazine.

Ran my first half marathon- and started running for enjoyment/ exercise/ an outlet

Cooked sea scollop, lobster, and mussels for the first time-- (okay, so that was more Chris's initiative than mine, but still.)

"I will reflect on all you have done and meditate on your actions. God, your way is holy. What god is like God? You are the God who works wonders, you reveal your strength among the peoples." Psalm 77:12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment