Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl Cooking

Recipe Number 1:

Chocolate Butterscotch Chex Mix
I seriously made this one up on my own because:

1: there were so many versions of a sweet/ dessert-like Chex Party mix that I figured making one up on my own would not be a bad idea

2: there were no white chocolate chips or almond bark or anything White Chocolate (I even looked for Hershey's Hugs) to be found at C-Town at 6:00pm Saturday night. Well, there were Ghiradelli chocolate bars at $3.99 for 4 ounces, and considering I needed 12 ounces... I decided to get creative.

There is no recipe.
But what I did went something like this:
Rice Chex cereal (I have no idea how much I used. And I chose this over Crispix because it was on sale)
Mini Marshmallows
Peanuts
Pretzel squares - butter flavor (again, no pretzel sticks to be found...) But those buttery tasting pretzels are delish!
Chocolate covered raisins
Hershey's chocolate bar and.. (drum roll please)


Butterscotch Morsels

So, I melted some butterscotch, poured it on a little of this and a little of that.
Then, I did the same with the chocolate. No rhyme or reason. But I think it went over pretty well at the Super Bowl party. The one thing I hate about making stuff like this is now I have 1/2 a can of peanuts, 1/2 a bag of marshmallows, some Chex cereal.... Just sitting there in my pantry.

Recipe Number 2:

This recipe was VERY popular.
I found it here. Although they are called Sausage Cheesy Muffins, I call them Sausage Cheese Biscuits. The only complaint I got was that I didn't make enough so that we could leave some at home for Chris to nosh on all week.

And by the way, prior to making this recipe, I had no idea that there was even such a thing as Campbell's Cheddar Cheese Soup!? What??

I can't imagine what one would ever use such a food item for, besides these terribly addictive biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment