Monday, October 29, 2012

Patience and Waiting

 
 

So, with one week left until I board a plane for Texas I opted to spend some of my last days in the Northeast in my old home: New York City. During a hurricane. And Halloween weekend. Wonderful planning. Not that planning could actually help one avoid a hurricane, but now I'm stuck here. Indoors. No walks through the park, no coffee shop journal writing, no lunching with friends or chatting over wine with gal pals.  (Halloween just brought out the freaks on Saturday night... I actually saw three girls wearing fishnet pantyhose with very little covering their behinds. Like less than a pair of underwear would cover. And, your going to sit down in that cab, sweetie? We don't see things like that up in the country.)
 
So, once again I'm forced to be still. And think. Funny how this continues to happen to me. I've taken advantage of the gym downstairs in The Markham's building. I did an enzyme face mask. I've job searched (a little...) I even went out to the East River and watched the waves beat upon the boardwalk. Yeah, it's windy. And we headed indoors soon thereafter.
 
I feel sort of guilty for leaving the three guys (including Chris) back on the farm to weather the storm alone. This is our very last week of CSA harvesting. What timing. I'm sure they are busting their butts today to get as much harvested for delivery Thursday. Harvesting in the driving rain and 40mph winds tomorrow could be brutal- I'm sure.
 
My initial plan was to catch the Amtrak train back to Albany Tuesday afternoon. No, that is my plan. I have a ticked for a 3:00 train! But, with all public transportation services terminated currently, I seriously doubt that will be happening. And I have some serious packing to do about 250 miles north. Sigh........... So, here I am.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment