Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ninth Month

We have approximately one month until our little girl arrives. That's it. Could be sooner, could be later, but our forty week mark is one month away. Next week I start my weekly visits to the midwife.  I am still feeling really good, I just get worn out a lot quicker, like on Saturday's when I try to cook, clean, play, shop and I'm on my feet all day. No good.

I'm ready. For the most part- as ready as one can be for this sort of life changing event. Chris has been begging to install the car seat for weeks now, so I might just let him do it.... after September 1st!

I've washed sheets and clothes and have my initial cloth diaper stash bought. Although they are not washed yet.... And they are supposed to be anywhere between 3-6 times before the first use. Chris has put me on a cloth diaper buying hiatus. For now. My sister saw my stash last weekend and asked, "So, are you going to use disposable diapers ever? Do you have any disposable diapers anywhere?" Yes, I know I need disposables and yes, I do have some- three boxes to be exact, all received as gifts. I'm just waiting to see if I get any more before purchasing some, that's all. The ladies at church are throwing me a shower Saturday.

Besides getting all of my underwear and socks out of the bassinet in our bedroom (which means buying a chest of drawers) I think we are all set. And really I don't think she's going to care if all my bras are piled on the floor next to a mountain of socks...



Someone asked me last week how much longer, and I said five weeks. To which she replied, "so, any day now." No, not any day now. Five weeks. As much as I can't wait to meet our little girl and see what she looks like and hold her for the very first time and watch her respond to her father's voice after all this talking he'd done to my belly--- I've still got five weeks. Actually, anytime after 37 weeks would be fine with me. As if I have a choice in the matter.

Do I look like I'm due any day now??? I guess I am pretty belly-ish. Which makes the fact that I still go walking on the treadmill at the gym hilarious. I know those people getting their fitness on have to think, "What the ????" But I just want to stay moving, that's all. And I have a pretty sedentary job.

Oh, and I need a baby book. Like a keepsake book. But I am pretty particular and have no idea where to look, besides online. But, I'm not really sweating it, I have my journals I've been keeping during pregnancy AND my sister bought me this One Line a Day Five Year baby journal, which is pretty cool. For someone like me. Chris said it sounded overwhelming.

Baby you are so loved by so many friends and family you have yet to meet. We all can't wait to see you for the very first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment