Thursday, December 12, 2013

$pending Reality


I just adore this blue-eyed girl! We are spending most of our days inside now... it's cold, really where would we go? I have been getting myself into a little bit of trouble here lately, spending money. 

First, it is Christmas and I do love to buy gifts for people. I REALLY do.  Even if it's something small, I like surprising people and doing little things- for EVERYONE. So, besides the gifts we give to family and (a couple) friends, I chose 4 angels off the angel tree at church. And there is Lottie Moon, which is the Southern Baptist once a year offering which goes to foreign missions. 

And, a huge part of this issue is that I am now comfortable getting out with Camille and going and doing and spending... I have really great intentions to just get out of the house and go walking through the mall or the shopping center or Wal-Mart (or even the grocery store) but somehow I end up spending $50 or $60 each time. That adds up really quickly when you are living on one salary. And you have a car payment for the first time in seven years!

I didn't realize how bad it was until yesterday. Then I felt completely guilty because we weren't able to save this month... and I don't really WANT to give to that foreign mission offering. Chris and I discussed it last night and the odd thing is... God laid the exact same amount on both of our hearts, so I know we need to give. But I guess I shouldn't have bought enough baking ingredients to make enough sweets for the entire population of this one-horse town. 

God will provide. And I learned my lesson and know that I have to find a new way to spend these long wintery days with an infant. (Shopping online is probably even worse!!!)

And if being home is what I WANT to do, then I'm going to have to learn to give up some things. Nothing is as important as the time I get to have with this child. Not perfume or makeup or haircuts or new shoes or jewelry or manicures or furniture. Plus, don't I have enough already? I am so blessed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment