Sunday, December 15, 2013

Over the River, and Through the Woods



Only, there's no river... and no woods...

Today is our first Christmas gathering with friends. Because I'm not working right now, there is not an office party. And there's not a Sunday School party, or spouse Christmas party. BUT, today we are going to Tyler to have late lunch with our dear friends the Stockhammers. Their two daughters FINALLY get to meet Ms. Camille. Tessa is four and Micha is one. I know they will LOVE seeing this baby girl for the first time. It has really amazed me how much little kids like a baby. Lora and I secretly hope that the girls will grow up as friends since they are so close in age (Micha- Sept. 18, 2012, Camille Sept 21, 2013) And our dear friend Alaina will be coming to join in the fun too! (With her wax pot, of course). Nothing says Merry Christmas like a little waxing fun!

I'm really looking forward to seeing our friends again. It's been 12 weeks of isolation, sort of. They've stopped by to see me, when they can (without the girls) BUT, just being with them in their home again will be nice. We always have the best of times.

Last week I also was able to go visit another friend and her daughter Caroline. Caroline is two weeks older than Camille. While her two "big girls" (2 and 4) were at Pre-K at church, it was wonderful just to catch up and talk mom talk. Plus, she's sort of an expert at this by now, or at least she can tell me I'm not crazy! Her daughter is an adorable 14lb, smushy, baby girl and my lil' munchin is still only her 9lb 5oz self... 

I'm not obsessive about her weight, but it still lingers in my head. Since she's still in newborn clothes. And newborn diapers... Poor thing. It's sort of good because at least she can wear her big cloth diapers underneath her BIG 0-3 month clothes! Even the 3mo Christmas outfits I bought her are still too big. 

The plan was Camille would wear all Tessa and Micha's hand-me-downs since they are born in the same month. They will be in the same season clothing at the same time, etc. etc. Camille has yet to wear their clothes. She's just so long and lean and not quite big enough for the 3 month clothes.

Sorry to bore you with that bit of information, but it's been comical. And, of course Camille's aunts and grandmas had to buy her more clothes because nothing fit.
...
Yesterday Camille and I went to my parents house to visit. Mom and I worked on holiday baking in-between playing with Camille. I love to see my mom and dad "ooing" and "cooing" over this little girl. It's really a wonderful feeling. Camille left with a baby's first Christmas ornament and I left with tins of fudge and Neiman Marcus bars. I'll add these to the dozens of chocolate chip cookies I've baked (and will bake) and something so wonderful called Christmas Crack. It really is like crack. Sooooooo terribly bad!!!

Babe's waking. 
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment