Monday, June 22, 2009

BLAH

I've been on the verge of a headache for two days. Aleve, Ibuprofen, Excedrin, Aspirin- All to no avail. The pressure outside is so heavy, so weighty it is pressing my insides. My organs, veins and nervous system are on edge; it's just too much pressure.

Yesterday someone told me I can blame my headache (and moodiness...) on the mold. So, I am. It's rained 20 of the last 22 days in NYC. We're all shriveling up like raisins, wrinkly prune skin and bath-water-feet. And, quite frankly, I'm tired of wearing my raincoat. It's June. Summer is here and I'm wearing leggings. LEGGINGS!

The forecast for this week looks like this:
Monday- Periods of rain. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.
Tuesday- Cloudy during the morning; occasional showers in the afternoon. Chance of rain 40%
Wednesday- Rain showers early with clearing later at night. Chance of rain 40%.
Thursday- Occasional showers possible. Highs in the mid-70's and lows in the mid 60's.
Friday- Showers, maybe a rumble of thunder. Highs in the 70's.
Saturday- Partly cloudy with a stray thunderstorm. Highs in the mid 80's and lows in the upper 60's.

Honestly, no matter how you say it: Thunderstorms, Showers, Drizzles, Isolated Storms- IT ALL MEANS RAIN.

I am trying to be an optimistic person, not bothered by my circumstances or surroundings. "My environment doesn't effect me, I am a ray of sunshine." I should be asking myself, "What am I supposed to learn from this?" Instead I want real sunshine- my inner glow is beginning to dim.

No comments:

Post a Comment