Wednesday, December 2, 2009

O Christmas Tree

This is the Christmas Tree from The Chambers's First Christmas together. Our friends the Stockhammer's let us borrow it for the season because they prefered to have a real tree. Isn't it splendid and big and colorful? Look at all the decorations and presents. We even had a real live mantle and stockings by the fireplace and a window that looked out onto our manicured yard that the lawn service professionals tended to each week. It had a sprinkler system and azalea bushes. Wow, what a nice life.
This is a pile of stuff we sold in our "We are moving to New York City" Garage Sale. Although I did get rid of lots of garland and candles and Hobby Lobby-esk type decor, most everything else I left in Texas. (All those, "Our First Christmas" ornaments & our nativity set & our Christmas dishes that I have never even used!)
This is me trudging through lots and lots of stuff preparing to move. (Ah, my red couches, I miss them! And look at that spacious living room- not to mention the dining area and huge kitchen.) We left a two bedroom, two bathroom, two car garage duplex with a front yard and a backyard that we paid $815 a month for! The problem is it was in Texas and we want to live in NYC.
A dear friend once told me that she moved to NYC, one of the craziest, most hectic places in the world, to live the simplest life she has ever lived. I find that statement to be very true.

No comments:

Post a Comment