Wednesday, November 9, 2011

And the fun never stops

Have I mentioned that I'm on a budget?! Well, I've been trying to convince myself how arts and craft supplies are a necessity. How I need art supplies more than listerine or ziplock bags or a lip liner.

Saturday I FINALLY made it to the new (about two years old) Michael on the Upper West Side. This required a train uptown, then a bus across town but it was worth it.

I will be honest and admit that it is not nearly as spacious and glamorous as the Michaels I remember.... AND I am still a bigger fan of Hobby Lobby. (I miss you, Hobby Lobby.)

But, I did have a wonderful time going up and down each and every singe aisle. I read the back of more than one type of adhesive. I wanted to know the difference between each and every single type of Mod Podge. And I love rubber cement- it can do wonders. And glue sticks! Give me an exacto knife and I can make something wonderful.

I sort of went with some supplies to buy in mind and sort of went to get inspiration. I also went with a 20% off your entire purchase coupon, which actually didn't seem to be all that much of a discount when I got up to the register.

I ended up leaving with thread (embroidery floss) a few bottles of glue, some scrapbooking paper, and a big box to keep it all in. And some inspiration.

I plan on making our Christmas cards this year. And I continue to cut and paste and rip pretty pictures from architectural magazines we receive at the office. Most notable, however is that for the first time since about 1990 I'm making a friendship bracelet. Yes indeed. Last night you would have found me on my couch watching a 13-year-old girl on youtube teaching me how to do the "inverted chevron."

Life is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment