Monday, September 9, 2013

Estimated Due Date

I'm desperately trying to NOT become a calendar watcher, but it is so incredibly hard. I know that September 22nd is just an estimated due date. Baby girl could come any time in-between now and then, or I might still be pregnant on October 1st.  But it's hard when a friend had her twins last night. Two other friends, one here in Texas and another in NYC, are being induced today.... and still someone else I know (from high school, just a FB friend) is being induced on Friday. No inductions here, Chris and I tell my belly daily that we can't wait to meet her, but she can come whenever she's ready.

All in all, I must say I have enjoyed being pregnant. And for that I feel completely blessed. I have had no complications, complaints or problems and I know that is sort of unheard of. Now with only a week or so left, I can not wait to see this little girl. I feel big, like every square inch of space is being taken up by baby. She's always poking and jabbing and rolling around in there. It's so commonplace, but so mysterious all at once.

After the garage sale weekend- Labor Day, I feel like I'm ready. I have cleaned stuff out of the house. Chris and I continued to hang pictures in our bedroom this weekend and rearrange here and there; finishing up things we just haven't done since moving in.  (I'd still love to get our ever so comfortable king-sized mattress off the floor and onto a real bed frame, but that means I would want to buy a bed skirt. And a blanket that actually fits the bed. And a new comforter or quilt, so for now our time/ monies/ efforts remain focused elsewhere.) And, I'm okay with that.

I've made cinnamon, pumpkin and blueberry breads which are piled high in our freezer. I've made stews and veggies and chicken crockpot dishes which are stashed alongside the bread- for those days ahead. I'm continuing to stockpile crackers and pretzels and (now) fall candies that I'll want in eight weeks when the stores are almost sold out of candy corn M&M's or pumpkin Hershey's kisses, but I can't make it out to buy any!

I've got all the baby clothes washed and put away (up to six months, which I figure she'll be wearing in December). And I started writing in her baby book this weekend. My bag is packed for the birth center and Chris finally got to put the car seat in the car. I've added evening primrose oil to my herb/ vitamin regimen and I've amped up the red raspberry leaf tea intake. OCD much?? Oh, and those dates to help shorten labor, you better believe it. I carry a bag everywhere- plus leave some at work and at home.

I did replace my cloth diaper obsession with baby wearing. Although I did buy 5 more Bumgenius all-in-one used cloth diapers from a friend of a friend. Ten dollars each, how could I say "No?"



So, although I've been given/ allowed to borrow four various baby carrying devices I still want more!!!!! Actually, I plan on using the Moby quite often (which a friend loaned to us), and for many months to come. Reviewers just say it's pretty hot... Although it should be getting cooler around here soon, right?  The Ergo is the latest and greatest and can also be used up to 35/ 40lbs. Plus the child can be carried on the parent's back. This is the one I think Chris would enjoy/ feel comfortable with the most. AND, I found a sale and snatched up a $100+ Ergo for $70 online.

But now I want a ring sling. The fabrics are lovely. They speak to my inner hippy. They seem so easy to use and great for even a newborn. I really am considering this brand in the basic pure linen. I can not believe some of these ring slings sale for $200- $600 dollars!!! And no, I still don't have a stroller.

(Complete movie trailer. Chris and I love this movie.
Also, Maggie Gyllenhaal's character, good stuff)


I hope to post again before my life is changed completely. Sorry my blog has become all about baby, but I just can't get over her!

No comments:

Post a Comment