Thursday, September 19, 2013

One more week


Well, I'm actually not at 40 weeks yet, I have two more days. And I've sort of given up my hopes that this little girl would actually come early. Tonight is a full moon, so if you're one to believe in that sort of thing, there is always that opportunity.

This pie chart would be more accurate if it said 50% of the time - "Fielding phone calls from PEOPLE asking if you've had the baby yet." My mom really hasn't called. She says it's going to be awhile. And Chris tells me to look toward October. (Which would really only be nine days late, but sounds like forever away!)

Yesterday at our prenatal visit a couple was walking out as we were walking in and Chris said, "That girl looked more pregnant that you." To which I replied, "I don't know if you can be more pregnant than me." When one of the midwives overheard this she said, "Oh, yes you can be 42 weeks pregnant, 43...." And I'm just thinking, No, I'm really ready right now!
...

I continue to hoard items as if the apocalypse were coming, and the more time I have I just keep stocking those cabinets.

I've also been buying all those"just in case I need them" items for rough breastfeeding days ahead. I hope I don't need them... At least not for long and not all of them!

Yesterday, after our appointment with the midwives, I went to two health food stores and a wonderful grocery store FRESH which is the only thing close to anything Whole Foods or Central Market - like within 100 miles of these parts. I was searching for some source of protein that sounds good. I was told yesterday I'm not getting enough. But, my blood pressure is it's normal "low" and I have zero swelling, but I need to get intentional (again) with that protein thing. (It just doesn't sound good. Ever. I settled on a 25gr protein shake that I'm going to guzzle every day. Blah! And, I still need to find about 75 gr. more a day.)

And FRESH, it's just okay. But I got some grains and some good cheese and .... yes, four types of organic apples. I am slightly depressed to be missing apple season in the Northeast and want people to know red delicious, Jonagold, and Granny Smith are poo-poo compared to the variety and deliciousness of apples available in apple growing country. Especially conventional apples all waxy and shiny.

I do constantly think about this little girl's name and spent about an hour on nameberry.com yesterday.... You know, in case there are more options I need to consider... It's hard naming a kid. Well, it is for this perfectionist. Chris reassures me, we will know when we see her.

One of my midwives told me yesterday to keep putting things on the calendar and to plan something to do each day. I think this is advice I should heed. Considering months ago I circled, highlighted and stared September 22nd in yellow and pretty much have planned on doing nothing but loving this little baby for the weeks following. But, she may not get here until the 29th.... SO, in order to not drive myself nuts, I've been encouraged to put something on each day: get a pedicure, go to a movie, visit a friend, go out for ice-cream Sundays. Anything.

Sooner or later, she'll be here. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment