Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The weaker I get, the stronger I become. 2 Cor. 12:9


Just in case you missed it, this is my lovely henna belly at 38 1/2 weeks. I must tell you that I didn't pay for this lovely piece of belly art, but was put in contact with someone who is just starting out in the henna field. I was her first belly! Pretty good, right? She's in the process of opening up an actual location in Tyler, Texas and currently does face painting, makeup, etc. for parties, proms and birthdays. Anyway, I love it and I learned all about henna: what it is, how it works, that I can't get the skin wet for 24-32 hours....

I also WON a free maternity photo shoot, which I will be doing tomorrow, so that should be fun. Hopefully the henna stain on my belly with be dark enough and bold enough to makes for some lovely belly shots. If not, I can always keep my top on! I didn't really want maternity photos, but since they are FREE... And since I will probably treasure them in the years to come, then why not? We are set for a 20 minute mini session at 6:30pm as the sun goes down at the Rose Garden in Tyler.

Pregnancy and having a child has taught me so much, already, about letting go and releasing the worries and fears of all those things I can't control. All the "what if's" that keep popping up in my mind. There is no room for all those hypotheticals under the blanket of God's peace. My doula gave me a wonderful resource in a simple essay someone wrote titled "Scriptural Encouragement in Preparation for Birth." I've made several copies of the two page document (to have on hand at all times!) and often just sit in the baby room and read the scriptures aloud.

"Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. THEN you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:6-7

"You will keep in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusts in you." Isaiah 26:3

"Keep your mind on Jesus and the peace that passes all understanding will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:7

I continue to listen to my meditation CD with affirmations and guided imagery. I pick up my Hypnobabies and Supernatural Childbirth books and skim the chapters I've highlighted and marked. BUT, I think that the truth and foundation of God's word is what is going to be most easily recalled.

No comments:

Post a Comment