Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Midweek Update



Today we head to Dallas for Camille's FIRST overnight hotel stay. Three nights away from home... I'm trying not to overpack, OR forget anything. (Like our sound machine, man I LOVE that thing!) Chris is speaking at a teacher conference and Camille and I are tagging along. Mostly, I'm looking forward to cable TV and eating lunch each day at the Whole Foods two blocks away from the hotel. Exciting, I know...

Monday of this week we had our baby/ mama chiropractor appointment. Camille sleeps SO freaking well after these visits. It's really insane how that works. And just so you know, baby adjustments are more like a mini massage, not as abrupt or invasive as adult adjustments. Afterward, we had lunch with Alaina at the same quaint cafe we met at last time (big bowls of hot soup... delish). There is something on the menu called Adult Grilled Cheese that has avocado in it, and I'm going to have to try it some day.

Tuesday was Bible Study and today MOPS.  I know I don't have to go to all of these things, and since we are going to be busy the next four days, I considered staying home. Especially since it's bitter cold and windy out. But I'm on top of my laundry, and meals, and I long for fellowship and adult conversation these days, so we went.

Our craft at MOPS today was super easy and actually pretty cute. A scripture mounted on a frame with burlap and pretty scrapbook paper and one of those ribbon bows with a button center. Cute. AND, last time I came home from MOPS sounding like a six-year-old after VBS. "Look what I made for arts-and-crafts AND I won the drawing too!!!" The drawing was for some home organizer bins that were uber cute and from IKEA. I put them in Camille's closet.

Another funny MOPS story: today a mom approached me and asked if the green blanket in the nursery was Camille's. I said, yes it was. She asked where I got it and I told her how a friend just gave me alot of stuff after having three children of her own, and this was just one of the many blankets she gave me. This mother just stood there looking at me... "So, you didn't just buy it at Walmart or anything?"

I had seen her earlier in the morning carrying around what appeared to be a much older, dirtier, worn and well-loved blanket just like the one I had covered Camille with...

"I've stopped at every Walmart between here and Dallas looking for another blanket like that..." It's her four-year-old daughter Kate's special blanket. Evidently, Walmart doesn't sell them anymore. And they are on their second one already. I told her she could have it.  Really. Odd how that worked out, right?!
...
Let's see in other news, Camille has gotten really good at taking a 2-3 hour nap sometime around noon and I find myself not knowing what to do with this time.  Chris says I act like a drug addict coming down off of a high. I pace. I sit. I stand. I check on her every fifteen minutes... Crazy I know, but I sort of miss her.

Sunday I vowed to quit sugar. For now. For a little while. So, obviously on Sunday I only had ONE chocolate chip cookie. The next day I also had ONE chocolate chip cookie. Tuesday, two Thin Mints, a handful of M&M's and ONE chocolate chip cookie... Today at MOPS I dove head first into something called Praline French Toast Casserole. So, that NO sugar thing... it hasn't gone over very well. No yet anyway.
...


Chris had a second interview last week for a High School Assistant Principal position. We've been waiting patiently this week in hopes to hear something. No news yet.

I want him, so badly, to enjoy his work- his time away from us. He is so capable and intelligent and, well, it's be rough to say the least.  I know God has a perfect position for him (we thought it was this one...) His ways are not our ways and His thoughts not our thoughts. He has something. I know He does. Waiting is hard though. And interviewing can be exhausting, I've been there.

1 comment:

  1. Your baby is so cute! And I’m glad that you both enjoyed your visit to the chiropractor. It’s must be quite a relief to see her fall asleep peacefully afterwards. Overall, I think you had a great midweek. I hope your days will be as fun as this - having a great mommy and baby time together, as well as more fun activities outside of work.

    Laverne Bodnar @ U.S. HealthWorks

    ReplyDelete