Monday, June 27, 2011

God Will Keep His Promises

It's been awhile.
Too long.
I'm sorry.

...

I've had ALOT going on, but here are few things I have coming up in the week ahead, and hopefully I'll be able to tell you more about the "alot going on" later this week.

1. I will start yoga on Friday. It was a Group-on Deal, 30 days for $30. And it's two blocks from our new apartment.

2. Yes, today marks one week in our new place on 62nd Street. We are still settling in and my sweet, hardworking husband is trying very hard to get me settled in before he leaves on Friday for a month. Left on the list:
- add hardward to the kitchen cabinents
- fix the light in the closet that does not work
- hang a few photos/ painting/ art pieces
- do whatever it is men do with sound systems and cable TV and internet and all that jazz
- teach Stefani how to use above mentioned TV set up

3. In July I'll start a bible study with the "20-something" women on spiritual gifts

4. I'm hoping to get some affordable acupuncture this summer because, I can't pay $115 a week forever.

5. And on that same note, Reflexology? Anyone? I've never tried it, but I'm hoping I will love it.

6. I have, for the first time, cued up our Netflix list (with Chris's help of course) with things I want to see, Designing Women, It's Complicated, movies with Meg Ryan!

7. I am now armed with my own (well NYPL's) copy of The Dirty Life, a memoir about a girl who lives in NYC as a writer and after falling in love with a farmer and farming- decides to leave the city. I can't wait to start it. --- Funny because right at this moment I have five books here with me a work. FIVE!! The Dirty Life, Balance your Hormones- Balance your Life, So Long Insecurity, Walking with God & a copy of Peter Scazzero's The Daily Office. I'm also now noticing a book titled, What's so Amazing About Grace? sitting here... is this mine too? I'm addicted!!!

8. I'm looking forward to living microwave free. I'm not a huge fan anyway, so when there wasn't one in our new place, no big deal. The only thing I'll miss is popcorn... But that's okay. I did, however, by a tea kettle to heat water for tea and oatmeal and those really healthy meals we sometimes eat that just require hot water. These really aren't that bad for you and have real ingredients. I have been known to eat them as "emergency food."

9. Learning more about my character/ likes/ dislikes/ identity as I live alone from July 1st- July 28th.

10. Committing to foster a way of life that encourages thicker skin and a softer heart. To let God reset my way of thinking so I'm not so self critical and sensitive. It's really selfishness at is finest when I'm thinking about my problems/ hurts/ wants/ desires/ need for _____/ lack of ______. I am not the center of the universe. I am not the hero in the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment