Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A whole-lotta new

Today the last day of school for public school children here in NYC, thus the last day for teachers and some (those that work nine months out of the year) administrators. Today is Chris's last day -- actually Thursday will be, but when the kids aren't there, let's just say it's a much more enjoyable place.

This week is his last week of working as an Assistant Principal. In August he will be on staff, full time, as the interim minister to students at the church we've attended since moving to NYC.

Both Chris and I are excited and anticipate wonderful things. This is an opportunity that, while not what Stefani has always dreamed and wanted, I recognize as God's divine plan and perfect will for our lives. He has blessed Chris in with this position & now I am a ministers wife.

Minister's wife, this is a big deal to me for some reason. I feel as if I need to reevaluate my wardrobe and CD's and book titles; the words I speak and the songs I sing along to. I think some of it is coming from the enemy - as he tries to tell me I can not handle this and I'm not good enough. What do I even know anyway? But I'm standing firmly on grace & trusting God will give me the words to say & the patience and understanding I'll need in the coming months. I don't have to wear cardigans, and only listen to Sandi Patti to be a ministers wife. I can still be me.

This is something else I will be coming to terms with during the month of July- during this in-between phase. Chris will be in Rwanda with a team from our church for two weeks, then he'll continue his travels throughout the UK; backpacking from village to village, sleeping in hostels and being rugged-mountain-man. This might be his last summer off for awhile. After returning to me on July 28th, he will begin his new job on August 1st.

During July I want to write. I want to reflect and prepare my heart and really seek how I can best support my husband in this role and come alongside him. It is exciting to see my husband in a job that he believes in and loves and can't wait to start.

During July I want to rest well; getaway- in Central Park, or the Cloisters, or Brooklyn Bridge Park or somewhere green.

I want to eat fresh foods that I picked up that day at the farmers market. I want to try new restaurants and picnic with friends and eat at a table on the sidewalk in the sunshine and take my laptop to a cafe and drink coffee and write.

We prayed and God answered our prayers.

I am working on accepting grace and realizing that he will equip me- he has equipped me to do this. To live here. To push forward and reach upward and generate change. In Him, through Him and for Him. Answering his call, submitting my desires for easier life and spacious places and less noise, it's not been easy. But I ultimately know that there really is no other choice if I want to remain in the center of His will. And that makes me so happy, that's the place I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment