Friday, June 17, 2011

One last uphill battle

This morning is the last time I will commute to work from our apartment on 92nd Street and First Avenue. Walking east toward the 4/5/6 train the trek is mostly uphill. Insanity when it's rainy, or snowing, or humid or 97 degrees; and it's usually one of those things 90% of the time.

Monday we move to our new apartment on 62nd street. This will mean I can walk to work (when it's not rainy or snowing or humid or 97 degrees.) Chris can walk to work. I will no longer have to rely on the most congested subway line when going to and from work; but I can now take the bus-- if I'm so inclined.

Buses are nicer. So schlepping into the pit of the earth, no darkness, or train delays. If you want off the bus, if it's not moving- you can just get off. It's so liberating. Buses are usually full of gray haired people and parents with toddlers in tow. I like these sort of people. I'm excited about becoming a bus person.

I know I've been a little MIA recently. I have so much going on in my world. Last week we took a trip to Lake Placid with Chris's mom. A getaway which was long overdue. And we're planning our move. I'm hosting a baby shower tomorrow in our mostly empty living room; which will be sort of nice- more spacious than ever. And a BFF from Texas will arrive next Thursdsay. Oh, yes and among the boxes and bags and bicycles in the living room Chris will need to be able to locate all that he needs for his trip to Rwanda and Europe. He's leaving July 1st- for four weeks.

This all may appear insane and on some days I think, "How am I going to do all of this?" But I know we are doing what we are supposed to be doing, what we are called to do, and it will all fall into place. I know it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment