Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Relaxing by the (kiddie) Pool

Just us gals, chilling in the shade with our toes in Tessa's blow-up pool- this is how I spent my Memorial Day weekend! And it was fabulous.

Unfortunately, June is halfway over and it'll be July 4th before you know it! In spite of the fact that school is still in session and Chris still has eight more days with students- plus two more after that- it feels as if summer is almost over... (or could be over in the blink on an eye.)

Since last weekend I've been pretty busy simply living as well as helping my sister get adjusted to NYC. She arrived Saturday, found a place to live Sunday & started her summer internship on Monday! It's been nice walking with her to the train in the mornings & having someone prepare warm breakfasts- but she moves into her apartment on Friday. Last night she went to the 20-somethings women's Bible study with me at church and I think she liked it. Well, we are a raw bunch- real and honest and open and sometime a bit crazy. But she exchanged phone numbers, email addresses and already has plans to attend a air show on Sunday afternoon with a girl & a barbecue Sunday evening at our leaders home! I think she'll be fine.

Tonight Chris and I are going to see Carol King and James Taylor at Madison Square Garden at 8:00 which leaves time for me to visit the the chiropractor after work. The doctors office is just one block south of MSG- and I'm in desperate need of some straightening out. My 10k went well, but after taking Sunday off I hit Central Park with my sister for 4 miles which was too much too fast on this achy, tender groin. I have been injured since mid-March and I'm still recovering... Gee Whiz!

I feel like this week has literally lasted a month, already, and I don't want to be in a foul mood and acting whiny this evening during the concert, which starts at 8:00. I guess I'll miss my 10:30 bedtime. Tomorrow night I'm meeting an NYC friend who has moved away but is currently visiting. We're having dinner before she heads to see American Idiot. Friday --- glorious Friday, I only work 9-1 (God Bless the English!) before loading my sister and her five giant suitcases in our station wagon and driving her across the East River to her new room in Queens.

And Saturday Chris turns 31. So, my gift to him is that I've drawn a red box around June 19th and have nothing on my calendar for that day. Nothing. I'm hoping he'll let me out of the house for a quick run, if it's pretty. Otherwise, my day is his. Even if that means going to a movie. Or a restaurant that serves beer and wings (or worse, burgers ONLY).

And Sunday, the tattoo parlor- again- after church!

No comments:

Post a Comment