Friday, May 22, 2009

Today I worked.

Today I worked at a real job.  It felt really weird and really good. Just from 12-4 (Memorial Day weekend... early day...) which was wonderful for me.  It was nice to actually have a reason to put on make-up and wear something other than cargo pants and a tank-top.  I did look pretty nice.  I embraced my boring black suit, white collard shirt and three inch heels whole-heartedly.  

So, who knows what is to come.  For now, a little extra spending money...

Red Shoes

I wanted them upon first glance across aisles of lipstick ladies and clouds of fragrance.  Red velvet heals perched on a display.  Amongst others, hundreds if not thousands of others.  But these were intriguing and eclectic.  Like the doily looking sweater I got on consignment in San Francisco or the oversized turquoise pendant or the gray textured tights.

“I love your style.  I could never pull it off.”  This is what people tell me.  I’ve never understood if this comment, that I frequently hear, comes from a place of sincerity or is a backhanded compliment. 

The velvet red heals were so me.  And they were so marked down to $49.95.  I picked up the ruby slipper, held it close and found the nearest department store associate. “Nine and a half.”

When he returned I slipped them on.  They were unusual, loud, and quirky.

“I’ll take them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment