Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Foodie Walking Tour....

Here's how my day went:
First, I ran on the treadmill for 50 minutes.
Second, shoved some legal sized envelopes with personal essays and creative non-fiction to mail before the May 31st deadline.
Third, walked myself down to the 77th / Lexington Ave. subway stop where I met my girls.

Peanut Butter and Co. - Any and everything made with peanut butter.  My personal favorite was the peanut butter, coconut, and cherry preserves sandwich. 
Rare Bar and Grill- six girls, one big ole' fry basket
One pumpkin cupcake cut into 6 bite-sized pieces at Sunshine Sweet Bakery
Inhaled  the scent of sugar at Economy Candy and The Sweet Life
Sampled some European cheese in Murray's Cheese Shop
Drooled on the glass case at Amy's Bread
Bought some dried apricots, pears and peaches at Russ and Daughters, but stashed them in my bag for later.
Four doughnuts were purchased at The Doughnut Plant.  I tasted the Carrot Cake.  It changed my life.
We stumbled upon Texas on Tour at the South Street Seaport and won some free t-shirts with our abounding Texas wisdom.
Chai and Tart frozen yogurt at 16 handles (by now it is 7:00 pm)
Walked through The Black Hound Bakery and tried a sample of some almond cake marzipan thing.  
Hopped on the Third Avenue bus and got a Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper big gulp at Seven-eleven.

6+ miles walked
2,000+ calories consumed
$21 spent
HUNDREDS of laughs.... 

The Foodie Group


The Fry Basket at Rare, three types of fries and four dipping sauces.





No comments:

Post a Comment