Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Shepherd's Prayer (or Stefani's Prayer)

So, is this it? Really? Because I was expecting something a bit more grandiose. Something more, well, just plain bigger.

This seems so simple, almost too commonplace in a way.

I realize this is a big deal, everything that is going on around me is meant to be- as it is- and I don’t want to miss any of it but in so many ways I feel like I already have.

So, this IS it. I know it is. I just wish I could see how I was a part of this bigger picture I know that I AM a part of. And I wish that I didn’t feel so lonely and lost and misunderstood. How will anything I do or say make an impact on what is to come? And what do I have to offer anyway? I’m not wealthy nor do I hold a position of power. I’m not talented or well known or even well liked for that matter. I’m just me.

I expected a very noticeable stopping point in my life- my desires, wants, fleshly faults to suddenly alter overnight; a feeling of being changed. A feeling of where the old ways end and the new ways begin.

But that hasn’t happened. I’m still me: a bit insecure struggling with self-loathing and anger and wanting more than I already have.
I am just one person, and I DO believe, but I wonder if I have the capacity to believe enough, or to trust enough or to follow enough. I have Faith and I know Truth, but I’ve seen very little of either in the lives of those around me. I’ve seen miracles and experienced God’s presence & know he is at work all around me. I’ve seen enough to know Jesus is the Son of God.

So is it wrong that I feel like I’m on the verge- constantly on the edge of something really great that doesn’t quite come to fruition? Is what I’m going through right now another one of these times? (Photo credit marvelsphoto.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment