Friday, October 21, 2011

Art

"Against a bright blue sky, clouds billowed up into a feast of white radiance. In my whole life, I have never been so deeply impressed by a mingling harmony of white shapes and forms such as I saw this day. If you could gather together all the froth and champagne bubbles that have flowed so abundantly at moments of celebration in the course of human history, it would be nothing compared with this sight..." AHAE


This photographer's work in on display in Vanderbilt Hall in Grand Central Station. It's absolutely breathtaking and wraps one immediately in a sense of serenity. Even in Grand Central Station, even in New York City one can find ten minutes to take a deep breath and just sit and look- even if it is "through someone else's window."

This collection of photographs, Through My Window, is a small sampling of the over one million photo's taken within a year, through the very same window in Korea.

....
This exhibit spoke to me.

When I think my writing doesn't matter, or affect anyone I am wrong. I am sure that taking picture 100,000 or picture 738,344 that this artists may have asked himself "what does it matter, is this a good idea, how will this be different than the artists before me?...."


My art is for myself.
It's for my soul and,
it is for so many others too.

No comments:

Post a Comment