Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Me and Free

I know I've written several times previously about how I take much pleasure in getting a good deal. Bargain hunting and comparison shopping are two things I do quite well.

But when it comes to just plain old free- I will go to extremes.

Today I had my first ever free Sprinkles cupcake. And it was glorious. It was too easy and very gratifying. NYC has dozens of cupcake places, and each one has there specialty, and boasts the reasons why they are the place for the best cupcake. And each one of my friends probably has their own favorite spot (I am still aButtercup Bakeshop fan).

But Sprinkles, the newbie in town, gives away free cupcakes every single day. On Facebook each day they post a secret word that is viewable if you follow, or friend, or like, or whatever it is. Usually they give away 50, today, they gave away 300. Obviously, I rushed uptown on my lunch hour to snag my free pumpkin cupcake. Then, little bag in tow I slowly wandered back to midtown in the sunshine, happy as a meadow lark.

I just want to take the opportunity here to share that I also got a free full-sized Fiberwig Mascara a couple weeks ago. Sephora was passing them out in front of Grand Central. And I also got about six free Fiber One brownies, because I hit the girls at each corner as I walking in Grand Central through the terminal and out the other side. (Is that wrong?) I didn't eat them all at once, or all in one week. My stomach can only handle about 1 of these things every 4/5 days!!! And just today yoplait was giving out free cartons of yogurt.... FREEE!!!!

Nothing tastes as good a a free pumpkin cupcake on a lovely fall afternoon. I split it with my co-receptionist and smiled even wider since Wednesday is my Friday. We're heading to Boston for our anniversary weekend! I can not wait to get out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment