Friday, May 10, 2013

Sneak Peek!

look a that sweet, sweet yawn

We got a sneak peek of our baby on Wednesday. Amazing. Simply amazing. Hearing the heartbeat at each midwife visit has been the highlight of each month, but seeing this baby kick, flip, suck it's thumb and yawn. Yeah, I'm pretty much ready to meet this new person.

Although, twenty more weeks is required - not only for the health of the baby, but so that we can prepare!!! Weighing in at almost 15 ounces, baby is measuring perfectly right on track for twenty weeks. It was miraculous to see that tiny heart beating as it should be at 133bpm and view each of the four chambers. We got to see baby rub it's eyes, in that way that sleepy babies do, and stick out it's tongue- practicing swallowing as it has just learned.

I know we were all born, but the entire process leaves me speechless. It's a miracle any of us are here, really...

Anyway, we did find out the sex of the baby, but are keeping it under wraps until Mother's Day when we will tell our moms (and our immediate family members) with a cupcake reveal. Yes, we decided to stuff cupcakes with either blue or pink icing and let our family members discover the babies sex while noshing through chocolate cake. Yummers.

Into Mother's Day weekend we go. Only two more days that I have to try and keep my mouth shut. Referring to "it" instead of he/ she is NOT so easy these days. So, I just try not to talk about my baby, or my most recent midwife visit, or the baby's room or anything at all....

My mom bought me this for Mother's Day. Isn't it lovely? Motherhood........ ((sigh))
Yikes.

Happy Weekend.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I'm not sure that I've commented on any of your pregnancy blogs. (I typically read from my phone, intending to comment later.) I hope you have a wonderful weekend. And I can't wait for you to announce that it's a...girl? ;)

    ReplyDelete