Thursday, April 1, 2010

My April Fool






























With this girl I have climbed mimosa trees.
I have ridden bikes with and run with and jumped rope with her.

With this girl I have stomped grapes, thrown rotten tomatoes and shelled black-eyed peas. I've planted cantaloupes & sunflower seeds with her too.

With her I've watched Little Women, The Sound of Music and The Three Musketeers more times than I can even count. I've cooked with her, dusted, mopped and cleaned with her. I've painted fences with this girl.

We've fished together, swam together and slept in forts under the kitchen table together. Together we've eaten vegan cupcakes in Tompkins Square Park, Lobster Rolls in San Francisco and fried catfish in our own front yard.


I've taken baths with her, put make-up on her, and curled her hair while she cried. I've borrowed her jeans and she's worn my dresses and we loaned each other pretty much any/ everything from time to time.

I've kicked her, made her bleed, and she's done the same to me. We've gotten pedicures together, played disk golf together and had our teeth pulled by the same dentist.


We've experienced the same joys, the same loss, the same frustrations and anticipations: births, deaths, moves, loss & emotionally trying times.


She's my Baby Sister and I love her so.
Happy 24th Birthday Sister!



No comments:

Post a Comment