Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Just a 90 Degree Wednesday in April

My word! It is scorching hot out there on that Manhattan pavement. Today is Hot! And somehow I am still wearing pantyhose over my 30 year-old legs. Truth be known I feel my dress is a little too short and a little to casual for work- so nothing dresses it up more than a pair of black hosiery and high heels.

I spent my lunch hour looking for black ballet flats; a simple shoe to wear to and from work. I was looking for something that isn't as casual as my flip-flops or Converse. Something that I could keep on and not look totally ridiculous IF I decided not to wear heels. These kinds of shoes are not easy to find. Perhaps a trip to DSW is in order.

I realized today, somewhere between Lexington and Third Avenue, that my leg was not hurting as I walked! Perhaps this resting thing is working. What joy it brought me- to realize I didn't have that constant ache.

I know (and I'm sort of thankful) that his oppressive summer-like heat is not here to stay. I am a fan of experiencing the four seasons (not the music group), and quite frankly two weeks of Spring was not enough for me. So, tomorrow I may wear a (longer) skirt, sans hose and sit in Bryant Park. It's a great office lunch hour destination, and much more exciting that sharing a table with a stranger in Grand Central Station which I have been doing since October!

At least now I can eat my pears, boiled eggs, cottage cheese cups or whatever oddity (today it was wheat berry salad with cranberries, currants, mango, parsley and green onions) that I am consuming without feeling like I need to wear my ear-buds so no one will talk to me, even when I'm not listening to music. Even if I'm just reading. Does this make me a bad person? Well, it's what I do.

Out into the summer heat. Yippy!

No comments:

Post a Comment