Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dear Chris,

"It strikes me as I think about it, how beautiful we find massive structures, either man-made or organic. I wonder if we find them amazing because they make us feel small and insignificant, because they humble us. And I remember feeling that way back in Colorado, that I was not the center of the cosmos, that there were greater things, larger things, massive structures forged in the muscle of earth and time, pressing up into the heavens as if to say THE STORY IS NOT ABOUT YOU, BUT FOR YOU, as if to remind us WE ARE NOT GOD(S)."

I loved this part of Through Painted Deserts and read it last night. I love that he's from Texas, and I can relate. That Houston is his big city (mine NY) and I can relate. That he KNOWS ultimate truth, but still questions and wonders about free will, and true happiness and the "what if we miss the whole point of life" and I can relate.

Know that I love you more than anything.

Know that my life would be so boring and uneventful and safe without you.

Know that I'm sorry for all the times I wondered aloud why we got married, why we stay together and why we try so hard to be each other's biggest heros (because we are) when on some days it's so freaking difficult.

You are truly the opposite of self conscious & self absorbed and on most days I feel like I am the epitome of all that God has called us NOT to be -ie self conscious and self absorbed.

Thank You for helping me see myself for all I'm worth. For pushing me beyond all that I consider safe.

Have a great Wednesday, Husband. Champion. Man of My Dreams. Somewhere in Nags Head, Outer Banks, North Carolina, somewhere living life.
Love you.
XO
Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment