Thursday, October 21, 2010

Picture It

Well, I've finally, finally moved into 2010-- with my Motorola Droid phone. It's really fancy and has too many options and widgets and gadgets. But, I do like it, my husband did good. I just said, "I don't care, just pick out a phone for me." Even though my indifference really gnaws on him from time to time, he said, "Okay, you will just get what you get."

And that is what happened. All phones are pretty fancy these days. And since we finally left AT&T and were offered the infamous "FREE" phone with a two-year contract deal, then the new phones (Oh yeah, Chris got a new phone too.) were free. Whatever, so here is a picture of me at work taken by my co-worker. I'll work on my phone camera skills in the coming days.

Speaking of, this past weekend I spent hours editing, cropping, resizing and organizing my photos in iPhoto. There are a few things that I take pictures of more often than not. Whether I am on vacation, roaming the streets of NY, back at home in Texas, on the beach, or across the globe-with my camera in hand I tend to photograph these similar settings. I've discovered that there are some "go to" objects/ scenes that I capture. Some I realized, some surprised me. They are:

Produce -(at a Farmers Market) Or, markets in general- but mostly produce & flowers
Bicycles - the rustier the better, baskets on beach cruisers, and bikes with horns
Windows- widows with shutters in all shades, open window, windows that open on hinges like doors, windows with flower boxes, window that I can see in, windows with cats sitting in the ledge
Doors - doors to homes that are red or green or navy, doors with huge fall wreathes, doors that arch at the top, doors with big brass knockers
Trees & Leaves- obviously
Roads- cobblestone streets, brick streets, dirt paths, windy roads
Fences- wooden white fences, iron fences in front yards, rotting gray fences, barbedwire fences

These in addition to the obvious: sunsets, landscapes, beaches, water

I've started catagorizing my photos (which date back to about 2003/4) and I want to establish a creative way to use these pictures. I can only print and frame so many. Notecards? Calendars? Card table vendor at the Union Square Market? I love my photos and I want to acutally see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment