Tuesday, October 12, 2010

And with simply the push of a button

These lovely leather boots just became mine. Do you recall the boot drama of last winter? Well, it's time to find the perfect boot yet again. Last year I purchased black leather boots and this year- brown.

So, here's how it all began: $20 off coupon in the mail from DSW. So, yesterday, being Columbus Day and it being extremely slow in the office, I took some extra time and headed downtown to DSW. Of course I should have realized since most everyone else in the city was off work- besides our London, England based company- that DSW would be just as crowded as it was on Saturday.
This did not stop me. I plowed through grey suede booties and Uggs and pointed toe 3" platform heels trying to find something that looked like what I had in mind that fit my narrow foot. It's quite comical actually, and helps significantly to weed out possible options- this thing of me flopping around in a huge boot, and being able to slip my entire foot in and out without unzipping or putting forth much effort.

So, I found some boots that I loved and somewhat overlooked the $150 price tag ($20 off, hello!) and told myself I'd wear them for years as I stood in line.

But last night and this morning as I tried them on with various skirts I realized that these boots were not very versatile and a $150 shoe need be versatile! So, as luscious as they are and as lovely as they smell- those boots will be going back.

So, today I spent way too much time roaming the aisles of Dillards, DSW, Nine West, Nordstrom, and Overstock.com from my desk. I want the perfect boot!! And why do guys not understand that having just one black boot is not enough? Have a casual black boot and a dressy black boot--- still not enough. Having a a casual black boot, a dressy black boot and a pair of galoshes - I'm still not satisfied. So, I found the brown shoes above (that are the same brand as those that I will be returning to DSW) and feel like they will be good with skirts and jeans all winter. They are practical and cute.

But I don't want practical, I want a pair of messy, slouchy cowboy boots (although these are usually way to big for my feet- so I guess that is a good thing) and peep toe heels and animal print booties with big silk laces. These are not practical; these would get ruined in the snow and are not ideal commuter shoes. So, these boots will do. And they are nice.

This was my first purchase on Overstock.com and I hope to be a satisfied customer. Of course I couldn't simply purchase the boots, but threw these cute shoes in my bag as well before hitting "Proceed to Checkout." And I got both of these for less than the one pair of boots purchased yesterday.
Hopefully, these shoes will fit and I will not have to return another pair of otherwise perfectly wonderful shoes. Because I am a little bitter that I have totally lost my $20 off coupon (stupid store policy.They will not let me use the $20 off toward another purchase- which I do not understand whatsoever, but whatever.)

Marching on, marching on...

No comments:

Post a Comment