Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Leather Boots

These are the new boots I bought with my Christmas money. They are not the boots that I intended to buy, nonetheless, I love them and I have never spent more money on a pair of shoes. (A pair that I didn't end up returning after buyers remorse set in.)

These boots work for my skinny, size ten foot because they have laces. Period. My feet are ridiculously narrow. I always wanted cowboy boots (and I'd still love a pair) but my feet just flop around in there. As a little girl I had a pair of mauve cowGIRL boots. Yes that is mauve- pinky/ brown. The color nail polish that my Nana always wore. My mom bought them for me at Athens Feed & Seed for Christmas one year. Even though I was with her, they still got wrapped an put under the tree.

The boots I wanted, the brown, cowboy boots aforementioned, were nowhere to be found, except online. And even though I am an avid online shopper, I just wasn't feeling it because I knew they wouldn't fit anyway. And then I'd be inconvenienced to ship them back. Plus, I can't wear them to work. And if I'm going to spent $200 on a pair of shoes, I better be able to wear them to work. They're really great shoes, and totally ME, but not work me. And I'm not sure what I'd wear them with. I have to be more practical. (Not always, but... I really wanted some boots I could wear most of the winter.)

So, these boots are a little girly. A little dominatrix (because of the laces- well, maybe because of the eyelets & the laces.) A little too flat (I'd like a higher heel, but hey, I want to be able to move in these shoes.) Overall, I'm pleased. They are a couple notches above the pleather boots I've worn each winter in NYC thus far, throwing them out at the end of the season. Currently, my $25.00 BARGAIN that I got at Shoes Etc.'s going out of business sale (so sad...) last spring are still going strong. They may see another year! Perhaps next year I'll get some brown boots that are a little more casual. If my narrow little heel doesn't move around all cloppy and floppy. Dang skinny feet.

When I was little I'd have to wear narrow Keds & most of the cheepish/ cool shoes never fit me. I couldn't get shoes at Payless or Wal-Mart (poor me, right!). AND I would always ask my mom and deeply ponder, "If my feet are so long and skinny, why can't the rest of me be that way too?"

No comments:

Post a Comment