Thursday, January 28, 2010

Closer to the Fire

If you know me, you know I'm always cold. So this time of year, I'm cold most of the time. Period. When LB was in NYC house sitting the apartment she was staying at had this lovely space heater. So cute. I want one! It was so nice to look at and the door even opened up, which the cats just loved. They pawed at the "flames" which I knew couldn't really hurt them but made me nervous nonetheless.

I want to warm myself by the fire, by the warmth and heat and comfort I feel by snuggling up to my Heavenly Father. Today I've been walking beside the still waters and laying in the green pastures. It's been nice.

I woke up with this song in my head and on my heart and it's been in my mind all day long.

I have a maker he formed my heart,
Before even time began
My life was in his hands

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
and hears me when I call.

I have a Father, He calls me his own
He'll never leave me,
no matter where I go (Paul Baloche)

He has a plan. He has a perfect plan for my life. The closer I get to Him, the easier it is for me to listen, know and do His will.

His ways are higher than mine.
His thoughts are not my own.

His will for our lives is so much bigger than we could ever imagine. And in times like this: walking beside the still waters, laying in the green pastures, having my soul restored and warming by the fire, I'm reminded that my life does matter. It matters because He's called me and I'm His child.

No comments:

Post a Comment