Friday, January 8, 2010

Thinking Warm Thoughts

Thinking purely. Thinking on things above. Thinking that our ways are not His ways and our plans not His plans. Thank goodness.

“We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospection”~Anais Nin

So after a 6:30 chiropractic appointment on Thursday, flowed by a glass of Chianti and wonderful conversation, that can only be described as spillage-of-the-heart, I began to feel much better. (Except my left arm and leg are still a bit numb-- but please don't tell my husband.)

God has given me a new song to sing and filled me to the brim with joy. Because I asked. God's a pretty simple, straight-forward kind of God. I was beginning to enjoy wallowing there for a bit.

Sunday in at church we sang, "Cover the Earth with Your glory. Cover the Earth with the sound of heaven. Open the heavens, oh Lord, pour out Your spirit." Our conversation Thursday night, our laughter, our recognizing that yeah, we really screwed up but God loves us regardless- in spite of it actually- that was a little sound of heaven.

The sound of good stuff. The sound of footsteps moving forward without being able to see the end. The sound of telling God,"I really want to give-up in this moment, but keep me strong and show me what your purpose is for this." The more we seek Him, the more we find Him- right? So, I've decided to just continue forward even when I don't feel like it, or don't understand or don't necessarily "get" all that is going on.

I just have to keep telling myself I'm never going to "get" it or it wouldn't be life. It wouldn't be following God or taking a step of Faith. It would simply be making a dang good plan and following it. And that may move me forward - but it won't please God and eventually I'll get tired in my own strength.

We're all looking for satisfaction, a feeling of accomplishment, to somehow feel, believe and KNOW that our life matters. We're looking for a career, a 401k, a thinner waist, a better address, an engagement ring, a renovated home, a family, a car with less miles, a flash of lightening across the midnight sky that will be the sign. But this is IT. This is your life. This is my life. What will we do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment