Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Three

So 24 hours before I leave for Texas, for some warmth- on my skin and in my heart- it is 93 degrees here. Ninety-three degrees on the pavement, walking to and from, feels much hotter than 93 in the open spaces of Texas. It's more like 93 when you are sitting in traffic on LBJ in your car with no air-conditioner. Or on the back of a motorcycle. It's sweltering and heavy with humidity.

I couldn't even make it through my lunch hour in the direct sun at Bryant Park (my esthetician friend would be thrilled!), but hid in the shade and let my legs peak out, eating my broccoli and pear.

I'm hopeful for the summer, for parties, and rest and getting off at 1:00pm on Friday's until Labor Day. My sister will be in NYC completing an internship. My husband will have a car, to travel and explore. And, hopefully I'll be able to get away to the beach or some place new I've never been to, like Delaware or Rhode Island. Who knows? With a car the possibilities are endless...

My sister(s) hopeful, will pick me up from the airport tomorrow night. I love my sisters; I don't know where I'd be without them. I can not imagine growing up, in a world all my own, without these to sisters. Seriously, this is why I hesitate to have a kid. I mean if I have one kid, then I've gotta have like 3 or 4, because big families are more fun. But then again, I'm partial. Family time Friday and Saturday (maybe dad will take me for a ride on his Harley) followed by friend time on Sunday and Monday.

I can not wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment