Thursday, August 20, 2009

It was a Dark and Stormy Night...



And that it was. Tuesday night the rains came down. For about twenty minutes we had a real downpour. Chris was adamant about getting the camera out the capture the lightening we were seeing all around the city. So, we paused The Godfather and he got some great shots.

As it turns out the movie wasn't nearly as bad as I anticipated, except that it is a little on the lengthy side for my personal movie viewing taste.

So, we ate junk food and watched our movie, after the brief storm rolled through. We were discussing how many Combos were in a 1/3 of a cup- because that is how the nutritional information is stated. I mean come on, just say "10 Combo's have 170 calories..." But no, it is 1/3 of a cup. I said only 5 or 6 would be a 1/3 of a cup, but my brainy, ex-math teacher now principal husband can fit many more Combos in a 1/3 of a cup than I can. (These are the things married people do. Fun stuff I know.) Combos, I mean I don't think I've had those since I was a fifteen-year-old girl at youth camp. Combos, Bugles, Hot Fries, Corn-nuts, and that spray, canned cheese- these were the snacks that filled our cabin. Oh, processed, non-nutrient containing, junk food. I think my mom sent me with fruit leather.

Today we did go on a motorcycle ride into Connecticut, but I will save that story for tomorrow. A little more exciting than a bag of Combos and some lightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment