Tuesday, August 18, 2009

it's time

it's time for me to be in bed, but I couldn't resist posting this darling, sweet picture of Baby Tessa. (sigh...)

I watched The Godfather tonight. For the FIRST TIME. Last night we watched the the first movie and tonight, the second, which Chris told me, "is the BEST one of the three" and is in his top ten best movies of all time. Tessa's mom LOVES the Godfather movies too. Me personally, I don't even have a top five. I can't even name five movies I love. Sue me.

Today was spent snooping around the new Barnes and Noble in our neighborhood. I just love bookstores, even if they are conglomerates or chains that charge way to much. Books, books everywhere. And journals and pens and bookends shaped like dolphins. I bought "Searching For God Knows What" by Donald Miller with my $25 gift card. I even had enough left over to get Chris and me some coffee. I loved "Blue Like Jazz" and have been told that I must read this book as well. Today, I was reminded of countless hours spent in the B&N in Tyler, Texas when it was the nearest city I could drive to (45 minutes away) with the biggest population (80,000+). This was the coolest place a seventeen-year-old could go. This afternoon, after getting home from the bookstore with my "list" I put in my requests to the local NY Public Library. I will pick them up from the Hold counter tomorrow. I read too much to buy, buy, buy- even though I'd love to. I LOVE BOOKS!

I have been lax in my writing and submitting since Chris has been home and I guess that is okay. August 30th is another literary deadline, but more importantly MOST literary magazines BEGIN receiving submissions again Sept. 1st. And sometime in the coming month I will plan my trip back to Texas to meet Tessa. I am also looking forward to my writing class starting up again in a couple weeks and I can't wait to get back in the groove; to be held accountable once more. Writing is often very lonely and I like being around people who "get me" who "get it" when it comes to the writing thing.

My goal is just to sit and write. Until the story tells itself. I have been told if I will just sit and write the story that needs to come out will find it's way onto the page. And I guess that is true.
Here's to inspiration.
(and ya'll I know this post is poo-poo, but it's 1:04AM and I can't edit so, Goodnight. I'll be more literary and inspiring tomorrow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment