Wednesday, August 19, 2009

story

Tonight Chris and I went to a literary event. A small venue where authors read excerpts from their work. My memoir instructor is the co-curator for the event. The Mixer is held at a venue in the Lower East Side known as Cake Shop. Upstairs a sweet, eclectic, vegan friendly cafe, downstairs a bar and semi-stage-type area. Only large enough for about 50-60 people.

So I sat on my bar stool and drank my $6.00 Yellow Tail Pinot Noir. So what, there there wasn't cover. And the way I see it $6.00 isn't a bad price to pay for inspiration and mingling with other writer-type-people for a couple hours.

I love free events like this; events that leave me loving my city and feeling that I DO have something to give.

(Yes, this is a picture of me sitting in B&N yesterday with my jug-o-water on one side and coffee on the other. And yes, I was looking at tattoo books. Big, oversized coffee-table books with images of tattoos. I'll leave it at that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment