Thursday, August 13, 2009

Return

photo by Casey Jay Benson

I found this poem I wrote over ten years ago - about Chris. I thought it was appropriate for his recent homecoming.

SOMETHING TANGIBLE

I’m very aware

that in a moment

you will be here,

have me and hold me in your arms;

accepting my body as it is.

This life will boom with flavor

when you meet me here,

on this pathway,

transforming our world

into a realm of star visions.

Colors flashing before us

unknown to the human eye.

Without ties and bonds

I know we would still hold.

Moving in the patterns of prestigious persons,

dangling our legs with the grace

of free flying dancers.

Should you not come,

meeting me across these

towering pillars of anticipation,

I will collapse.

For love is not easy

when all you have to hold onto

is a collection of tattered treasures

in a shoebox.

Feb. 1998 /

I guess I've always had it really bad for him. But I am grateful for the multiple break-ups, time apart, mistakes, other boyfriends (mistakes that were other boyfriends....) and all the growing up we did before we getting married in 2006. I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment