Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Feeling Like Fall

It actually feels fall-ish today. But the weatherman did say that it is a bit cooler today than normal. This is the kind of weather that allows me to wear knee boots with socks instead of tights, short sleeved sweater-dresses (which I do own two of), and long sleeved t-shirts (but only before the sun goes down.) I've forgotten how windy it is here. It's so blustery- it's what makes it unbearable. That Wind.

Fall makes me want to cook. Big pots of white bean chili and taco soup. Pumpkin bread and Spice Cake and baked apple crumble. Anything that will make our house/ apartment/ 600 square-feet of space smell like cinnamon or spice or my momma's house.

I think I'm gonna try something new tonight- something spice-y and cinnamon-y and pumpkin-y.

Monday, Oct. 5th is our three year wedding anniversary, and I think my husband has something up his sleeve for our weekend. I was just told not to have plans between the time I get off work Friday at 6:00, until I go back Monday at 9:00. Unfortunately, I will not be off work on our anniversary- being a new employee and all & having already asked off the 10th- 22nd to go to Texas, nonetheless, we have the weekend.

Thus far (two days in) work has gone well, it's been what I expected and what I needed. I was even able to go to the gym this morning before heading out the door at 8:15. Winter- dark mornings and dark evenings, I just hate that. Oh, October... here you come!

No comments:

Post a Comment