Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Writing

So, I've been doing alot of this old thing called writing with a pen. It's kind of fun. Although I worry that I will never take what I've written down on yellow tablets or spiral notebooks and put it into something. Make it into something better. Since it takes longer to write it out, it takes more thought. The mind is forced to slow down to catch up with the hand, which is a good thing for me. It's more reflective. SLOWER than typing away. It's a body and soul connection and I like it.

I'm trying to write a piece about my Nana. She died when I was seventeen, which was so long ago. I don't want to forget her.

I'm also trying to find a job, which in all honesty, hasn't been so bad. I mean, I just set out on this mission yesterday, but I think so far so good. I have a few things in the hopper and we shall see. I don't want to just jump on the first opportunity or offer if I don't feel 100% at peace about it. And I don't want to underestimate MY value as an employee. I've done that for too long. Today I was told "You're someone who has it all, but doesn't want to do it all." Yes, that's me, looking for minimal responsibility and maximum pay. Seriously, I know on paper people are like, "You have a Masters degree in Journalism. Why do you want to be a receptionist?" Because. I want to write. That's why! I don't want a job that I have to take home with me.

Speak to us, Lord, till shamed by Thy great giving
Our hands unclasp to set our treasures free;
Our wills, our love, our dear ones, our possessions,
All gladly yielded, gracious Lord, to Thee. —Anon.

No comments:

Post a Comment