Monday, September 28, 2009

Singing

I just love this picture. It was taken last fall somewhere in Vermont as we were "leaf peeping" which I am afraid we will be unable to do this year, with me working and going to Texas.... Fall is fabulous!

Music and singing are vital to my existence. I can not imagine not singing. Not having words and music and rhyme. I sing constantly. I mouth the words to the songs on my iPod while I'm at the gym. I mouth the words to Please Don't Stop the Music, Lady GaGa and Love Love Lockdown while I run through Central Park. I don't sing aloud- that would be absurd, but I do sing to myself, mouthing the words. It helps. I play air guitar. I drum along on the stationary bike. I don't care. I'm bringing sexy back and I'll be your naughty girl, cause I'm a slave for you. (All song titles... okay mom!)

Yesterday, or maybe it was the day before, I was listening to my song list titled 'worship' on my iPod while pumping my way through another forty minutes on the elliptical machine. (Some of my playlists include: melancholy, old school cool, running, workout 1, workout 2, workout 3, guitar guys, sunnyday, grind, praise and worship among others.) It was so great. I almost had to lift my hands in worship and give an altar call! Seriously, though, I think the large gentleman on the treadmill in front of me was scared I was about to start singing- aloud. I love that we can do that, worship God anywhere.

I have a friend who has two separate iPods, one for secular music and one for her worship music. I sort of like the idea. Sometimes it can seem a bit anticlimactic to listen to Alanis Morissett or The Doors after singing How Great is Our God or Revelation Song.

No comments:

Post a Comment