Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Breaking Point

A year ago today, I flew home from spending a month in Texas. This is the beginning of that story...
-
DELETED
-
This piece will be pulished in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Family Matters in Oct. 2010.
--
Maybe you caught this story while is was on my blog for about 12 hours. Maybe not. I removed the story.
--
And here's why. It's not because I didn't ask all parties involved if I could tell the story. Here. On my blog. If I am going to reveal someones identity or make it quite clear who I am speaking about, then I ALWAYS ask if I can write about it, assuming it's negative, or personal or otherwise embarrasing to them. I know some of you are thinking, she mentioned me (more than once...) and didn't ask me! Well, I assumed you wouldn't care/ be bothered/ might not read about the "fill-in-the-blank" instance. Plus, usually I write about day-to-day conversations, events, the little things that make life life. And, people are about 80% of this--- anyway, sorry if I've offended any of you with my posts. I try not to.
--
BUT- the reason I deleted this story is, well, I want to get paid for it. AND some publications consider one's personal blog as publication, although most do not. However, I'd like to not step into the grey area and keep my story off the blog until after Oct.
--
So, I didn't do anything wrong or say anything (on this post) that I shouldn't have, I should probably just keep my story unpublished to avoid any issues...

No comments:

Post a Comment